I love to whip up quick, sweet treats to enjoy after dinner or just when I’m in need of a sugar boost. This recipe for melting moments is super speedy, easy and the outcome is always perfect. Try mix things up a bit by adding some cocoa to the biscuit mixture or substitute the lemon juice in the filling for 2 teaspoons of water and your choice of essence (strawberry, passionfruit….).
These biscuits are very more-ish and my bet is you’ll demolish them within a few days.
- 125g butter (at room temp)
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup custard powder
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 60g butter (at room temp)
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and like an oven tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until it is pale and creamy.
- Add the flour, custard powder and icing sugar and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Roll spoonfills of the mixture (teaspoons or tablespoons depending on what size you require!) into balls and place about 3cm apart on your baking tray. Use a fork to flatten the biscuits slightly.
- Bake for 15 or until just cooked.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat the butter and icing sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until well combined and a spreadable consistency is reached.
- Spread (or be fancy and pipe!) the filling onto the bottom of one biscuit and gently sandwich another biscuit on top.