I found this recipe online and was so intrigued I thought I’d give it a go! Wasn’t sure how the substitution of milk for cider would impact the recipe but, hey, it worked! Topped with a tangy lime icing, these cupcakes are ‘mmmmm delicious!!’
- 4 eggs
- 200g butter (softened)
- 3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 250 ml Rekorderlig strawberry & lime cider (1/2 bottle)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Juice of one lime
- Dash of water
- Pink and green food colouring
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line two 12 hole muffin trays with cupcake liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a wooden spoon, add the sifted flour and cider alternately, until all has been used.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and transfer to wire rack. Cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, blend all the ingredients together then divide the mixture into two bowls. Add a dash of green food colouring to one bowl and a dash of pink to the other.