These delicious chocolate chip cookies really helped set the scene today: Tropical Cyclone Luci hit my town earlier, so Cooper, my cat Simba and I spent the day cuddled up in bed. My favourite cat photography book by Rachael McKenna, my pink floral quilt that I purchased in the South of France, my two favourite buddies, a milky hot chocolate and these soft sweet chocolate chip cookies is where I happily spent the entire day.
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 1/4 cups tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 250g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter and the sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and egg and beat well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the butter mixture and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Roll spoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined baking tray 3cm apart. Flatten the tops slightly with a fork (place a big chocolate chip on to decorate if you wish)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes of until pale golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool (or just enjoy warm, straight out of the oven)