I think I’m going gluten free! I’ve noticed it making such a difference to the way I feel which is great, but sucks because of all the yummy non GF recipes that I love to eat.
This shortbread recipe is buttery and crumbly and in no way good for you, but I’ve switched out normal flour for coconut flour so it’s officially in the gluten free category. Yuss! The coconut flour also gives it an amazing smell when baking and of course tastes delicious when you eat it!
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- Preheat your oven to 150°C
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy
- Sift the flours together and gradually add to the butter mixture, beating on a low speed
- Bring together into a ball and roll out a disc onto a baking tray lined with baking paper to about 1cm thick
- Bake for 25 minutes or until light brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack